Exam preparation for secondary school
for the entrance examination to the technical, business and computer science secondary school
Our courses offer optimal preparation for the entrance examination to the technical, IT and business secondary school. We develop the material relevant for the exam based on the material of the 3rd secondary school.
Important: The entrance exam for the Vocational School, Computer Science School and Business School is exactly the same exam. Therefore, students who want to attend the FMS, IMS or WMS are prepared in the same course.
The entrance examination for the vocational secondary school BMS is a different examination. For these, we also offer preparatory courses.
- Infos zur BMS Kt. AG
- Video Vorb. BMS
- Info zum Kurs
- Prüfungsfreier Übertritt
Registration for Kantonsschule / FMS prep
|Course||Level||Starting date||Time||Location||Details||Cost CHF||Available|
|Aufnahmeprüfung Kantonsschule FMS WMS Samstag (18 mal)||3. Bez./ 3. Sek. /Privatschule /10. Schuljahr||ab 16.09.23||09:00 - 12:00||Lern-Forum Wohlen||Details||3360.--||many||Register|
|1. Wo Herbstferien|
|3. Bez / 3. Sek / 10. Schuljahr||25.09.23 - 29.09.23||09:00 - 13:00||Lern-Forum Wohlen||Details||1200.--||many||Register|
|2. Wo Herbstferien|
|3. Bez / 3. Sek / 10. Schuljahr||02.10.23 - 06.10.23||09:00 - 13:00||Lern-Forum Wohlen||Details||1200.--||many||Register|
|3. Wo Herbstferien|
|3. Bez / 3. Sek / 10. Schuljahr||09.10.23 - 13.10.23||09:00 - 13:00||Lern-Forum Wohlen||Details||1200.--||many||Register|
|Aufnahmeprüfung Kantonsschule FMS WMS Samstag (14 mal)||3. Bez./ 3. Sek. /Privatschule /10. Schuljahr||ab 04.11.23||09:00 - 12:15||Lern-Forum Wohlen||Details||2780.--||many||Register|
|1. Wo Sportferien|
|3. Bez / 3. Sek / 10. Schuljahr||19.02.24 - 23.02.24||09:00 - 13:00||Lern-Forum Wohlen||Details||1200.--||many||Register|
Exam information (Dates not yet set. Definitive dates to follow.)
The exam for vocational school (BMS) 1 will take place on Friday, June 20, 2020.
The exam for vocational school (BMS) 2 will take place on Saturday, March 7, 2020. BMS-KV May 2, 2020*
(*We recommend that those who are interested in a course and would like to attend vocational school 2 take a holiday course or a course in the Canton of Zurich because the quarterly course in the Canton of Aargau is scheduled around the vocational school 1 exam date.)
Official data from the Department of Education:
Admission requirements BMS
general information about the BMS
- In the Canton of Aargau, there is only a single entrance exam for vocational school (BMS).
- There is no difference between the acceptance procedures for the various disciplines within the vocational school (business, social, technical, commercial). Students interested in attending IT (IMS) or business (HMS) school complete the exact same exam as vocational school candidates.
- The assessment and acceptance procedures were adjusted in 2013 and have not been changed since. They are valid for 2014 as well.
- The entrance exams to vocational school 1 (accompanying an apprenticeship) and vocational school 2 (after completion of an apprenticeship) are only slightly different. Vocational school 2 only requires an essay for the German portion of the exam – all other subjects are similar.
Exam free to middle school
With the revision of the transfer process, secondary students have a new opportunity to continue their postsecondary education at a middle school:
- Newly, students in the graduating class of secondary school with a grade point average of 5.3 gives the opportunity to enter computer science, business, and technical secondary school and vocational school with vocational baccalaureate without having to take any exams. A corresponding grade point average in the interim report entitles the student to provisional transfer; definitive transfer takes place via the annual report at the end of the school year. Admission to vocational schools with vocational baccalaureate is definitive in both cases (achievement of the grade point average in the interim report or in the annual report).
- For transfer without an examination, secondary school students must have at least a grade of 4.0 in the subjects Mathematics and German in the report relevant to the transfer have. Furthermore, these two subjects count double for the calculation of the transfer-relevant grade point average.
- The following subjects are considered for an exam-free transfer from secondary school to a middle school: Mathematics, German, French, English, History, Geography, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Visual Arts/Music/Movement and Physical Education. In the subject group visual arts/music/movement and sports, the two subjects in which the better grades have been achieved count as one each.
Secondary students who do not achieve the necessary marks to enter these schools directly may take an entrance exam for specialised, business, IT or vocational school. Note that there is a separate registration for the exam. Registering for the school itself does not count as registering for the exam!
- The entrance exams for specialised, IT and business school are all the same.
- The entrance exam for specialised, IT and business school cannot be taken until one year after finishing secondary school. This means that students who do not achieve the necessary marks to enter without the exam must wait an additional year before beginning school.
- The vocational schools have a separate entrance exam. This exam is not the same as the one for FMS/IMS/WMS.
- The entrance exam for vocational school can be taken during the last year of secondary school, i.e. without the one-year waiting period.
- Holiday Courses
Lern-Forum offers holiday courses for efficient repetition of school subjects. Holiday intensive courses in mathematics, French, German and English.
- Transition primary-district school Check-5
Ensure a smooth transition to the district and secondary school. Lern-Forum offers courses on Saturday and during holidays.
- From secondary to FMS, WMS, IMS
Lern-Forum offers preparatory courses for technical and commercial BMS, IMS and HMS in Aargau and Wohlen.
- Transfer district-cantonal school
Preparation for the transition to the cantonal school in the subjects English, Mathematics, French and German.
- Exam preparation cantonal school
Successful exam prep for the cantonal school entrance exam in canton Aargau for students from secondary and private schools.
- Transition FMS & HMS
- Exam Preparation for Vocational Secondary School (BMS)
Lern-Forum offers preparation courses for the BMS, IMS and HMS. BMS exam preparatory courses info and registration.
- Matura Math Preparation
Mathematics matura exam preparatory courses in Lern-Forum. Prepare for the final exam.
Lern-Forum offers probationary period support courses for all classes and subjects. Probation period courses in mathematics, French and German.
- FAQs School in the Canton of Aargau
General answers to common questions about school in the Canton of Aargau.