Specialised, Business and IT School Exam Preparation
for the entrance exams to specialised (FMS), business (HMS) and IT school (IMS)
We offer high quality prep courses specifically for specialised (FMS), business (HMS) and IT school (IMS). We build on the foundational material for the 3rd year of secondary school and work on what that is important for the exam.
Important: the entrance exams for specialised, IT and business school are all exactly the same. Students therefore should attend the same prep course, regardless of which school they hope to attend.
The entrance exam for vocational school (BMS) is different from the others. We also offer a prep course for this exam.
- Quaterly/Holiday Courses
- Vocational School in Kt. AG
- Video BMS
- About the Course
- Entry without exam
Courses in Wohlen
The exam for vocational school (BMS) 1 will take place on Friday, June 20, 2020.
The exam for vocational school (BMS) 2 will take place on Saturday, March 7, 2020.*
(*We recommend that those who are interested in a course and would like to attend vocational school 2 take a holiday course or a course in the Canton of Zurichbecause the quarterly course in the Canton of Aargau is scheduled around the vocational school 1 exam date.)
Official Information from the Department of Education:
- In the Canton of Aargau, there is only a single entrance exam for vocational school (BMS).
- There is no difference between the acceptance procedures for the various disciplines within vocational school (business, social, technical, commercial). Students interested in attending IT (IMS) or business (HMS) school complete the exact same exam as vocational school candidates.
- The assessment and acceptance procedures were adjusted in 2013 and have not been changed since. They are valid for 2014 as well.
- The entrance exams to vocational school 1 (accompanying an apprenticeship) and vocational school 2 (after completion of an apprenticeship) are only slightly different. Vocational school 2 only requires an essay for the German portion of the exam – all other subjects are similar.
Prep Course Curriculum
We prepare students for the following entrance exams:
The material covered on the exam is determined by the curriculum of the 4th year of the intermediary upper-level:
We combine the BMS / IMS / HMS courses because the entrance exam is identical for all three schools.
Our courses are challenging and demand a fast pace of the students. But those who let themselves be motivated by our team drastically increase their chances of passing the entrance exam!
Students receive a course folder with exercises for review of the material covered in math, French, English and German as well as a course folder with past entrance exams.
Solutions are available for all exercises.
Secondary students who do not achieve the necessary marks to enter these schools directly may take an entrance exam for specialised, business, IT or vocational school. Note that there is a separate registration for the exam. Registering for the school itself does not count as registering for the exam!